that 93% of American tax filers will receive some benefit, with 140 million receiving the full amount of $1,200.
To receive a stimulus payment, you must meet a couple of requirements:
1. You must have a Social Security Number.
2. Your adjusted gross income (AGI) must not exceed:
- $99,000 for single filers
- $198,000 for married filers
- $136,500 for heads of household (those who are single, widowed, or divorced with dependents)
- You were not claimed as a dependent on someone else’s taxes
Even if you have not filed taxes, you may be eligible if you receive social security or railroad retirement benefits. For more eligibility information, please visit the IRS website.
When should I expect to receive my stimulus payment?
The IRS is currently processing electronic stimulus payments. If you are eligible for a stimulus payment and have not received it yet, it's likely you will get your payment via physical check in the coming months.
To easily deposit your stimulus check, take advantage of Photo Deposit on the FFBT Mobile App.
Don't want to wait for a physical check?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.
If you need a checking account, we have a number of options for you. Visit our checking accounts page to apply online now.