Most of all I enjoy helping people succeed in their businesses and I enjoy working with clients and our employees. We have a great team and a great client base which makes for a very enjoyable workplace.
For our local communities to thrive, we must stimulate the growth of farms and businesses. Throughout his successful career at First Farmers Bank & Trust , which began in 1984, Norman Lavengood has helped plant the seeds of growth for local farmers and for the Bank. During his tenure, the Bank has grown from $68 million in assets to $1.3 billion with $720 million in service agricultural loans and $420 million in serviced commercial loans.
Norman takes pleasure in his successes at First Farmers Bank & Trust and the people who have made them possible. “I enjoy helping people succeed in their businesses and working with a great team to support their needs. It makes for a very enjoyable workplace.”
Norman’s commitment to building local businesses earned him the Outstanding Agri-banker Swackhamer Memorial award. Despite his years in the business, Norman continues to expand his knowledge and experience. His travels related to agriculture included an 11-day tour in China. He has also traveled to Ensenada, Mexico; Jamaica and the Dominican Republic to help build homes.
In addition to building local businesses, Norman and his wife of 38 years, Deborah, have built a family of three children and seven grandchildren.
- Outstanding Agri-banker Swackhamer Memorial Award - 2006
- Bachelor of Science, Agriculture, Purdue University
- Madison Wisconsin Graduate School of Banking
- Purdue Ag Banker Clinic, Purdue University
- Commercial Lending School, Butler University
- Multiple BAI, IBA, ABA courses
- Indiana Bankers Association
- Indiana Society of Ag Bankers
- Kokomo Zion UMC
- Address: 123 N Jefferson St, Converse, IN, 46919
- Office: 765.395.3316
- Mobile: 765.438.3537
- Email Please note: Email is not secure.