Mobile wallet is an app on your phone that allows you to make payments directly from your smart phone. Think of it as an updated version of a traditional payment card. Instead of swiping or inserting cards into a terminal, you pay by simply tapping your smartphone at any point-of-sale system accepting mobile wallet payments. Not only is this a more convenient way to pay, but it can be more secure than carrying around a physical card. That’s because the information stored in mobile wallets is encrypted, which means the details of your credit card aren’t accessible by other people. Also, you get the added benefit of fingerprint technology and password protection. This means you can setup multiple layers of security to protect your money.
One important thing to note: If you rely solely on mobile wallets for payment, you should keep an eye on your phone battery. If your phone battery runs out of juice, you temporarily lose access to your method of payment. It would be wise to keep a debit card or some cash handy, or at least a phone charger!
Benefits of Mobile Wallet:
- Conveniently make payments with your smart phone.
- They can save you time by quickly holding the phone over the payment terminal. Most transactions are processed in seconds.
- For online shoppers, they can reduce the number of places a card is stored on file and save you the time it takes to type in your card number, all without sacrificing a fast checkout experience.
- Have access to your funds without carrying a physical card.
- Use fingerprint technology and password protection to secure your money.
- Loyalty rewards programs can be stored in your mobile wallet. No more carrying around a key chain full of store tags.
- Download your choice of Mobile Wallet Application: (Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay)
- Simply download your preferred mobile wallet app and follow the instructions on the app.
- There's no need to come into the bank! However, if you choose to come into your local branch, we'll gladly assist you in the setup process.
Registering your Mobile Wallet:
1. Once your download is complete, tap the Mobile Wallet app icon on your device.
2. Next, you’ll want to add your card to the Mobile Wallet app.
3. You will enter your card details for the card you wish to set up.
4. After the card is added, you will then follow the verification step to make sure it’s really you.
5. Once verified, your card is now successfully set up in the Mobile Wallet app and ready for use!
Once you’ve finalized registration, you can now use your smart phone to make convenient and secure payments at any vendor that currently accepts mobile wallet payments!
Just how easy is it to use mobile wallet with FFBT to pay for things? Allow us to demonstrate.